Even before the latest UN-commissioned and UN-suppressed report on Israel, an Israeli journalist has nailed aspects of current Israeli society that led Israeli Army Deputy Chief of Staff Yair Golan to identify trends in current Israel society reminiscent of Nazi Germany in the 1930s. Maj. Gen. Golan made the observations while speaking at a Holocaust Memorial event in Israel.
There is a proposal from the Tories, LibDems, Labour and the SNP to make comparisons of Israel and the Nazis a criminal act, leading to workplace sanctions, e.g sackings. Personally, I think it is more useful to compare and contrast Israeli settler colonialism wih the ultra-violent, often genocidal, settler regimes that Europeans set up in Australia, Namibia, Rhodesia, Argentina, the USA and elsewhere. The genocides in the Belgian Congo and the mass killings in British Kenya would also prove useful. No honest historical investigation should be criminalised in the way our political parties want, however, but critiqued and any errors pointed out. We invite any supporters of (the crimes of the state of) Israel to point out any inaccuracies of fact or faulty conclusions in the list below. We will publish any such claims.
Israeli society today is poisoned by
1. The rising number of calls proclaiming, “Death to the Arabs!”
2. The demands not to employ “Arabs”, buy from them or rent or sell apartments to them, and drive them from the Holy Land (all sanctified by the Rabbinate and other kosher rabbis, naturally).
3. The growing thuggishness that labels every Arab a legitimate target for insults, abuse, assaults, vilification and, if possible, manslaughter.
4. A soccer team that swears its ranks will include only those of pure blood and religion, and whose fans’ most popular chant is “Death to the Arabs.”
5. A society that produces pogrom-like actions and lynch mobs, church and mosque arsonists, and plenty of thugs and scoundrels.
6. Elected officials encouraging extrajudicial killings on our streets.
7. An MP (and his wife) openly demanding racial segregation between Jews and Arabs in maternity wards.
8. Spiritual leaders who publish books that determine when it’s acceptable to kill gentiles and their children. These religious leaders still tend their flocks.
9. A movement that defends the purity of the people and its blood, and persecutes lecherous Arabs who dare consort with Jewish women in order to defile them. On his Facebook page, the head of this holy movement calls for the mass murder of Arabs knowing no harm will befall him.
10. Tens, if not hundreds or thousands, of businesses boasting of employing Jews only.
11. The chief Sephardi peddler of religion who declared, “Goyim were created solely to serve the Chosen People.” His noble predecessors determined that only Slavic nations were created in order to serve the then-master race. Our religious pastor surpasses them: he deemed all nations our servants.
12. The education and culture ministers, who work tirelessly to synchronize education, culture, the media and arts, so everyone speaks in unison about one people, one state, one Torah and one viewpoint.
13. The brilliant legal sophistry that prohibits Arabs from purchasing state lands. Only Jews may do so.
14. The hundreds of communities that meticulously ensure the purity of their chosen population. Arabs may not enter their gates lest they cause contamination by their very presence. All of this is legal.
15. The Absentee Property Law, which regulates the assets of Palestinian “absentees” even when the “absentees” are clearly present and living a stone’s throw away. Only the laws of Chosen People have clauses relating to “absent-present” persons whose presence doesn’t detract from their status as “absentees.”
16. The fact that the assets of Jews remain theirs forever, even after thousands of years of abandonment that exceed any statute of limitations. In contrast, the assets of the Palestinian Arabs – even when they’re still holding them – will be confiscated, stolen, expropriated and transferred to the "Jewish State". Just as our magnanimous Lord in heaven decreed.
17. A society that controls millions of “inferior” people who lack civil and human rights, downtrodden by a mechanism called the “Civil Administration” and headed by a general.
18. A state that locks up a million and a half people in a gigantic enclosure, unsure whether to call it “Pale of Settlement” or the “Gaza Ghetto.”
19. A regime that imposes a grotesque legal system upon millions, which doesn’t require evidence and shows no truth, justice or compassion. However, the system does have a “court” – a contemptible theatre whose main purpose is to give a “legal” and “authorized” appearance to a military dictatorship.
20. A justice minister who goes out of her way to crush the legal system, liberating the rulers at last from oppressive legal constraints.
21. A government that rules an occupied people, and sometimes its own subjects, according to emergency regulations that give it limitless authority “for security reasons.” (Damn, I wish I could remember where I’ve heard of this trick being used before.)
22. A state – unique among all the world’s democracies – in which there’s no legal way for a Jew to marry a non-Jew
23. A government that wholeheartedly believes in the Chosen People’s right to continue expanding eastward. This space extends from Mesopotamia to Nuweiba.
24. A state that insists it’s the “only democracy” in the Middle East, whereas it’s actually the only “military theocracy” in the entire world.
25. A state that proves pop psychology is occasionally accurate in its diagnosis: an abused child can indeed become an abusive adult.
The origianl article is written primarily for an Israeli audience and so some synonyms have been deployed in the list above. The meanings however have been retained.
QWest Calder 2 March 2017