Say no to Israeli Army's 'Distinguished IDF Musicians' in Edinburgh Queen’s Hall Fri 29 Aug 10am
The Israeli string ensemble, the Jerusalem Quartet, have been praised by their fellow-Zionists:
- 'For the three immigrants, carrying a rifle in one hand and a violin in the other is the ultimate Zionist statement.' (three of them are Russian.)
- 'One minute they're in T-shirts and the next in ties and jackets, these days they can just as frequently be seen in army fatigues.'
- 'Their record label also boasts of their status within the Israeli Army: “They now enjoy the status of Distinguished IDF, playing for troops thrice weekly when the JSQ is in Israel.”
The Israeli Army is involved in the long-running ethnic cleansing of Palestine. It has been found guilty by British juries of the murder of British citizens, Tom Hurndall & James Miller.
Why boycott and protest cultural ambassadors of the Israeli State?
- Palestinians are asking us to use boycott to stop Israeli crimes
- Aharon Shabtai, Israel’s greatest living poet, wrote last year: “I do not believe that a State that maintains an occupation, committing on a daily basis crimes against civilians, deserves to be invited to any kind of cultural week. That is, it is anti-cultural; it is a barbarian act masked as culture in the most cynical way. It manifests support for Israel, and...that sustains the occupation.”
Protest the invitation to the Quartet to perform at the Queens Hall on Friday 29 August mail http://www.eif.co.uk/contact or
call 0044 (0)131 473 2032 or
write: Edinburgh International Festival, Castlehill, Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 2NE